Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Packing up

I was thinking today, leaving is like dying a little bit. (I don' claim to be the first one to note, songs were written with this lyric, but today it struck me anew.) Everything I know here will cease to exist when I board the plane in a few days. Everything that is awaiting me is still unknown, no shape, no image, no thoughts for it in my mind.
Hard to plan for something like that.
Everybody keeps asking "are you excited?" "have you packed yet?" "are you ready to go?" ...
- What should I take with me? Other than my running shoes and all my summer running gear I have a hard time imagining what I will need, what I will actually be doing in the Netherlands. I already miss my yard, - full in bloom; my kitty and Sandor; and the sweet summer time that give people the reason to endure the rest of the 8 months of the year in Seattle.

1 comment:

  1. it was great to see you yesterday Timea. You are in a liminal state, a great place to be. On the threshold of something new, but not there yet; leaving something behind, but not gone yet.

    Looking forward to following you your slow immersion into the Netherlands...the only other outfit you need is something chic to ride your bike in!

    ReplyDelete